Please read the following policies. These policies apply for homes we manage in the Portland Multnomah County area, as outlined in FAIR.
If you feel you might meet the guidelines for qualifying, we encourage you to submit an application. An incomplete application will not be considered.
Each person 18 years of age or older must complete and sign an application. Only the applicants may reside in the property.
If a co-signer is necessary, the co-signer must also complete and sign an application. The acceptance of a co-signer is not normal policy and is subject to individual approval or denial by Rent Portland Homes Professionals (referred to in this document as RPHP).
To be processed and considered, a non-refundable processing fee must accompany applications.
The application will not be considered with missing or false information.
Generally, no more than two residents per bedroom.
An applicant assumes financial responsibility and can be screened for financial responsibility. A non-applicant tenant assumes no financial responsibility and cannot be screened for financial responsibility. A non-applicant tenant can be screened for factors related to maintenance and conduct.
A landlord may screen adult non-applicant tenants solely for factors related to maintaining property, and for conduct consistent with the health, safety, or peaceful enjoyment of premises by other residents or the landlord, and to evaluate prospective tenants’ ability to comply with the landlord’s Rules of Residency. While a landlord may not screen non-applicant tenants for financial responsibility, they may require all adult tenants to sign Rules of Residency.
All financially responsible AND non-applicant tenants MUST submit an online application.
Applications will be processed in accordance with current Oregon law, as outlined here: www.portland.gov/rso
The open application period beings at least 72 hours after the notice of unit availability is posted & applications are processed in the order received. Preference for accessible units is given to applications with mobility disabilities.
If applications are received before the open application period, they are subject to an 8-hour penalty and processed in the order received.
A $45 nonrefundable screening fee will be required for each applicant.
Screening fees are to be paid online.
RPHP will obtain a credit report and Criminal Background check and rental history for each applicant and co-signer 18 years of age or older. Reports supplied by applicants will not be accepted.
A credit score below 625 could be denied or require additional deposit and co-signer.
In case of conditional approval, an additional security deposit up to half one month’s rent may be required. If requested by the tenant, the additional amounts may be paid in installments over a period of up to three (3) months.
Discharged bankruptcies are acceptable.
Rental History Requirements
- One year of verifiable rental or mortgage history from a current third party is required. Homeownership is verified through the county tax assessor. Mortgages currently reflecting a past due balance will require an additional security deposit equal to one half (50%) month’s rent. Homeownership negotiated through a land sales contract is verified through the contract holder.
- Rental history demonstrating residency, but not current third-party rental history, will require an additional security deposit equal to 50% of one month’s rent or qualified co-signer. (Rental references ending 12 months prior to the date of application will not be considered current.)
- Eviction-free rental history is required.
- Rental history reflecting past due rent or an outstanding balance will be denied.
- If a landlord gives a negative reference or refuses to give a reference, the application will be denied.
- We may refuse to process an application if the applicant has verifiable, repeated Rental Agreement violations – with the same landlord – with the most recent violation within 265 days of the submission date, and if the landlord has provided the applicant with copies of the considered violation notices.
Applicant’s gross monthly income must be two times the amount of the monthly rent.
Income will be verified from copies of the prior month’s pay stubs provided with the application or by a phone conversation with the applicant’s supervisor.
Self-employed applicants must provide the most recent tax returns and 3 months bank statements.
RPHP will accept any of the following (or combination thereof) to verify the name, date of birth, and photo of an applicant.
- Evidence of a Social Security Number (SSN Card)
- Valid Permanent Resident Alien Registration Receipt Card
- Immigrant Visa
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- Non-immigrant Visa
- Any government-issued identification regardless of expiration date
- Any non-governmental identification or combination of identifications that would permit a reasonable verification of identity
Consideration of Supplemental Evidence
When conducting an Individual Assessment, a landlord is required to accept and consider all Supplemental Evidence that an applicant provides (with their completed application) to explain, justify, or negate the relevance of potentially negative information revealed through screening.
Condition of Move-In
Hours for lease signing are Monday through Friday, between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
All utility and garbage accounts, where applicable, must be transferred into the residents’ name as of the date of possession.
Security Deposits and first month’s rent are to be paid in cashier’s check or online before keys are provided. (Daily rate will be charged if keys are delivered prior to date on lease/rental agreement).
Note: Some properties do not allow pets.
Your application will not be processed without the correct funds and all documentation attached!
If you feel you are qualified for the property after reading the attached Rental/Lease Policies, please follow these instructions:
- Your application will not be processed without the correct funds and all current documentation attached.
- Reliable and legal documentation and telephone numbers are required to verify income.
- If employed, you will need to submit a copy of your last year’s W-2 or two (2) of your most recent pay stubs.
- If self-employed, applicants must provide the most recent tax returns and 3 months
- Provide supplemental evidence as needed.
Applications will be contacted within 3 business days as to the status of their application.
Applications will not be denied because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status.
The Open Application Period begins at least 72 hours after the notice of unit availability is posted, and applications are processed in the order received.
Preference for accessible units is given to applicants with mobility disabilities.
If applications are received before the Open Application Period, they are subject to an 8-hour penalty and processed in the order received.
Once you have been approved, you will have 48 hours to execute the lease agreement. An application is considered complete once all necessary documentation has been supplied to RPHP, every applicant who is over 18 and will be residing in the home has applied, and all processing fees have been paid.
If your application is denied, you have 30 days to begin the appeal process. To appeal your application denial, contact our office.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at (503) 443-9331.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR APPLICATION