Please read the following policies. If you feel you might meet the guidelines for qualifying, we encourage you to submit an application. An incomplete application will not be considered.
Each person 18 years of age or older must complete and sign an application and only the applicants may reside in the property.
The denial of one applicant will result in the denial of the entire application.
To be processed and considered, a non-refundable screening fee must accompany applications.
The application will not be considered with missing or false information.
Generally, no more than two residents per bedroom.
$45.00 nonrefundable screening charge for each applicant.
Once you have been approved, you will have 24 hours to execute the lease agreement.
RPHP will obtain a credit report and Criminal Background check and rental history for each applicant and co-signer 18 years of age or older. Reports supplied by applicants will not be accepted. Discharged bankruptcies are acceptable.
A credit score below 660 could be denied or require additional deposit.
In case of conditional approval, an additional security deposit up to one month’s rent may be required.
Rental History Requirements
- One year of verifiable rental or mortgage history from a current third party is required. Home-ownership is verified through the county tax assessor. Mortgages currently reflecting a past due balance will require an additional security deposit equal to one month’s rent. Home-ownership negotiated through a land sales contract is verified through the contract holder.
2. Rental history demonstrating residency, but not current third party rental history, will require an additional security deposit equal to 50% of one month’s
rent. (Rental references ending 12 months prior to the date of application will not be considered current.)
- Eviction-free rental history is required.
- Rental history reflecting past due rent or an outstanding balance will be denied.
- If a landlord gives a negative reference or refuses to give a reference, the application will be denied.
- Three (3) or more 72-hour notices within a period of one year will result in a denial.
- Three (3) or more NSF checks within a period of one year will result in a denial.
- Rental history demonstrating noise or other documented complaints will result in a denial when the landlord would not re-rent.
Applicant’s gross monthly income must be three times the amount of the monthly rent.
Income will be verified from copies of the prior month’s pay stubs provided with the application or by a phone conversation with the applicant’s supervisor.
Self-Employed Portland applicants must provide the most recent tax returns and 3 months bank statements.
Unverifiable income will NOT be considered.
Government Issued Photo ID must be provided at the time lease/rental agreement is signed.
Conditions of Move In
Leases are signed online via DocuSign.
All utility and garbage accounts, where applicable, must be transferred into the residents’ name as of the date of possession.
Security Deposits and first month’s rent are to be paid in cashier’s check or money order before keys are provided. (Daily rate will be charged if keys are delivered prior to date on lease/rental agreement).
Note: Some properties do not allow pets.
Your application will not be processed without the correct funds and all documentation attached!
If you feel you are qualified for the property after reading the attached Rental/Lease Policies, please follow these instructions:
- Your application will not be processed without the correct funds and all current documentation attached.
- Fill out the application completely and legibly. Each person 18 years of or older that will be residing in the property. This fee is non-refundable.
- Reliable and legal documentation and telephone numbers are required to verify income.
- If employed, you will need to submit a copy of your last year’s W-2 Two (2) of your most recent pay stubs.
- If self-employed, applicants must provide the most recent tax returns and 3 months bank statements.
- A copy of a photo ID, i.e.: Driver’s License, Military ID, etc., MUST BE SUBMITTED.
Applications will be contacted within 3 business days as to the status of their application.
Applications will not be denied because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-443-9331