Reasons to Install A Smart Thermostat in Your Portland Rental Property
In our last blog post, we offered you several tips that you can use to get your PDX rental property ready for winter including scheduling HVAC maintenance and cleaning up the gutters on your rental property. Another important thing that you can do to get your Portland Oregon Rental Property ready for winter is to install a smart thermostat.
What Is A Smart Thermostat?
Everyone has one these days. From Grandma’s to the most wired Millennial, smart thermostats have become part of our lives because they help us to have great control over our homes.
Reasons to Install:
- Price – They are affordable and can be purchased online for as low as $100.
- Design – Compact and don’t take up any extra space than traditional thermostats.
- Ease of use – If you can use your smartphone, you can use this thermostat. They are super easy to use and program, plus you can connect them to a smartphone so that you can set the temperature in your home while you’re away.
- Less wear and tear on your HVAC system – Another great reason to install this type of thermostat is that having one will mean less wear and tear on your HVAC system. Why? A smart thermostat will remember the most ideal settings for the home where it’s installed and this means that the occupant of that home won’t have to keep changing the temperature when they get cold or hot.
- It’s a premium amenity – Last of all, another cool reason to install a smart thermostat is that it’s a premium amenity and you can consider charging more rent compared to other comparable properties in your neighborhood that don’t have smart thermostats.
Contact Rent Portland Homes – Professionals
To learn more about the benefits of a smart thermostat, or to speak with us about the property management services we can offer you, contact us today by calling (503) 447-7735 or click here to connect with us online.