3 Updates To Make To Your Portland Oregon Rental Property In 2022
The new year is almost here and if you’re like most rental property owners in the Portland Oregon area, you’re thinking about updates that you should make to your property in the coming year.
In this article, we will share with you 3 updates that you should make to your PDX rental property in 2022 and how those updates will affect your rental property.
Update #1 – New Paint
Let’s face it, paint is a timeless update that any owner can make to their property because it instantly cleans up the look of a property and helps it look appealing to prospective tenants.
If you’re wondering which colors you should choose for your property, it’s best to stick with durable neutral colors because your goal is to have your future tenant see themselves living there, instead of becoming distracted by your choice of colors.
Update #2 – Improve Curb Appeal
Curb appeal is always a winning update to make to any rental property because it’s cost-effective and another time-tested way to help any property look fresh and inviting.
For best results with new curb appeal, it’s ideal to stick with drought-tolerant plants because they require less water and will last longer than other landscaping plants.
Update #3 – Add New Flooring
Flooring is often the one part of a Portland Rental Property that takes the heaviest beating over a year so it’s best to replace it when you have the budget to get it done.
Since most people prefer wood or composite flooring in the 2020s, you should consider only having carpeting placed in the bedrooms and choose wood, laminate, or another type of flooring in the other areas of your rental property.
Besides these updates, you should also consider updating the kitchen, bathrooms, windows, and to get even more ROI from the property you may want to consider adding a washer and dryer as well.
Some other popular amenities to consider adding include:
What sets your rental property apart from other landlords’? Here’s a list of things renters want that will help you fill vacancies and might even give you an opportunity to raise the rent.
- Dishwasher: Anything that can add convenience to a tenant’s life won’t go unnoticed. Make this and the other appliances stainless steel to provide a sleek, modern look.
- Storage space: Renters also look for function in their home. Give them the room they need to store their belongings comfortably.
- Air conditioning: Having central A/C is a big win. If tenants can avoid the painful heat in the warm months, they will.
- Off-street parking: Having a driveway or carport, especially in busy areas, can really hook a potential renter. Covered parking spots are big sellers in snowy climates.
- Outdoor living areas: Whether it’s a patio or balcony, provide a place to sit outside and enjoy the weather when it’s nice.
- Fenced-in yard for pets: Agadoni says 75% of her renters have been pet owners, so the cost of adding a fence is always worth it.
- Washer and dryer in-unit: According to the National Multifamily Housing Council, 77% of renters wouldn’t consider leasing a unit without a washer and dryer.
Contact Rent Portland Homes – Professionals
For more tips, you can use to boost the value of your rental property, or to speak with us about our property management services, contact us today by calling (503) 447-7735 or CLICK HERE to connect with us online.